This article will review how to enable and create partial copy targets. Partial copy targets are used for a variety of reasons but the general purpose is for creating multiple elements from one element. For example, you may have a Quote that needs to have a separate Invoice for each subtotal. Or, you may have a Pullsheet that you want to break down into separate Pullsheets based on each department.
Enabling a Partial Copy Target
- In the Projects menu, select Element Definitions.
- Double-click the element that you want to enable the partial copy target on.
- Click the Copy Targets tab.
- Choose a Partial Copy Target option (changes will automatically be saved).
Creating a Partial Copy Target
- Open up the element that you enabled the partial copy target on.
- Select the lines that you want to create a partial copy target for and click the Create Partial option in the right-hand workbench menu.
- For Financial Documents, this option will be located in Financials.
- For Equipment Lists, this option will be located in Modify.
- Enter a name, start date, and end date.
- By default, this information will be inherited from the parent element.
- Click OK.
The partial copy target will generate and become a child of the parent element.