- Resolving a Shortage on a Line Item
- Using the Resolve Shortages Page
- Running Reports That Show Shortages
- Modifying the Conflict Resolver Settings
When you put an item on a Quote, you can see the availability of that item with a green box if there are no availability conflicts, or a red box if there are conflicts. Additionally, there is a number that shows how many more of that item you have available. This number will be negative if there is an availability conflict, showing how many you are short.
Resolving a Shortage on a Line Item
- Double-click the red availability box on the row of the line item. (You can also click the cog-wheel of the line item and click Conflicts). The Conflicts and Availability window will appear.
- There must be a shortage for the method to work. If there the availability box is not red, see How to "force" a conflict resolution.
- Double-click one of the conflict resolution methods (listed below).
Split Shortage Into Separate Line Item: This will take the amount that you are short and create a new line item with that amount.
Transfer: If you have multiple warehouses, this option will show each warehouse and the availability of the item in each warehouse.
Substitute: This section will show the predetermined items that are eligible to be substituted for the item with a conflict. (See the Alternatives and Substitutions page for more information.) Double-click the item name to apply the substitution.
Subrent: This section will show the predetermined sub rental suppliers for this item. (See the Subrental and Purchase Suppliers page for more information.) Double-click the vendor name to create a Rental PO.
Purchase: This section will show the predetermined purchase suppliers for this item. (See the Subrental and Purchase Suppliers page for more information.) Double-click the vendor name to create a Purchase PO.
If any of the above sections do not have predetermined options set up (in the inventory model settings), then you can double-click the option name (for example, double-click the word Subrent) and a search window will open where you can search for a contact or item name.
Using the Resolve Shortages Page
- On the Inventory menu, click Resolve Shortages.
- Enter a date range in the Start Date From and To fields. A list of all items on any Quote between that date range will appear.
- Double-click a line item to open the Conflicts and Availability window for that item. (Conflict resolution methods are listed in the above section.)
After resolving a conflict, the Conflicts and Availabilty window will close and you can repeat the process for each line item. You don't have to open the Quote to resolve the conflict!
Running Reports That Show Shortages
There are several reports you can print that show Quote shortages. Click on the report name below to view instructions and examples.
- Shortage Report: This report will show the item that has a conflict, the Quote name and ship date, and the amount that is short. You can find this report on the Reports menu.
- Shortage Report by Group: This report shows the same information as the Shortage Report, but is organized by inventory group. You can find this report on the Reports menu.
- Inventory Requirements Report: This report shows items that appear on any Quote in your system (between a selected date range), the quantity required, and whether or not there is a conflict for that item. You can find this report on the Reports menu, under the Quotes section.
- Inventory Requirements Matrix Report: This report shows the same information as the Inventory Requirements Reports, but displays it differently. You can find this report on the Reports menu, under the Quotes section.
Modifying the Conflict Resolver Settings
The options that appear on the Conflicts and Availability window can be enabled or disabled through the conflict resolver settings.
- On the Projects menu, click Conflict Resolvers.
- Uncheck the box in the row of any conflict resolver you want to disable.
Any conflict resolver you disable will no longer appear in the Conflicts and Availability window when resolving conflicts.
- Avail Only: This controls whether or not "Use What Is Available" appears.
- Backorder: This controls whether or not "Purchase" appears.
- Split: This controls whether or not "Split Shortage Into Separate Line Item" appears.
- Stock Transfer: This controls whether or not "Transfer" appears.
- Subrent: This controls whether or not "Subrent" appears.
- Substitution: This controls whether or not "Substitute" appears.
Whether you enable or disable any of the conflict resolvers is entirely up to you. For example, you might disable Stock Transfer if you don't have multiple warehouse locations, since you will never transfer gear between warehouses.