- Adding a Default Note to a Contact
- Enabling the New Element Note Check Setting
- Viewing a Default Contact Note on a Quote (or Other Element)
- Marking a Note as Read on a Quote (or Other Element)
- Deleting a Default Note from a Contact
Each contact can have default notes applied to them, so when the contact is used on a Quote (or other element), their default notes will push to the Notes tab of the element. Additionally, you can enable a system setting that will turn the element's Notes tab red whenever a new note appears on it. For example, a venue contact entry might have a default note about the loading dock at the venue. If you create a new Quote and use that venue in the "Venue" field, the default note from the venue contact entry will appear to the Notes tab of the Quote.
Adding a Default Note to a Contact
- Open the contact that you want to add a default note to.
- Click the Notes tab.
- Add a note in the "Notes..." input box.
- Click ADD NOTE.
Enabling the New Element Note Check Setting
When a new note is added to the Notes tab of a Quote (or other element), you can have the Notes tab notify you that a new note has been added. This is possible by enabling a setting that will check if the currently logged in user has seen the note or not.
- On the Projects menu, click Project Settings.
- Find the New Element Note Check Enabled option and choose Yes from the drop-down menu.
Now, whenever a new note is added to the Notes tab of an element, any user who has not read that note will see the Notes tab shaded in red. This includes new notes that are automatically added when creating a new element using a contact with a default note.
Viewing a Default Contact Note on a Quote (or Other Element)
When a contact with a default note is used as either the Client, Vendor, or Venue on an element, their default notes will show in the Notes tab of the element. As described in the previous section, if the New Element Note Check Enabled option is turned on, the Notes tab will automatically turn red. Remember, the note check setting works per user, which means that any user who hasn't seen the new note will see a red Notes tab until they read the note(s).
Marking a Note as Read on a Quote (or Other Element)
When the Notes tab on an element turns red (because there are unread notes), you can go to the Notes tab and mark a note as "read" so the tab will return to its normal color.
- Click the Notes tab on an element with unread notes.
- Click Mark as Read in the column of the note that you want to mark as read.
Marking a note as "read" will only apply to you (the currently logged in user). Other users will have to mark notes as "read" separately.
Deleting a Default Note from a Contact
If a default note that is applied to a contact is no longer needed, you can delete that note from the contact so it won't automatically add to the Notes tab of an element anymore.
- Open the contact that you want to delete a default note from.
- Click the Notes tab.
- Click the X in the row of the note that you want to delete.