- Adding Items to a Quote
- Editing Line Items on a Quote
- The "Mute" Boxes (LM, NM, TM, PM, WM)
- Sort Modes (Auto, Insert, and Add)
- Line Item Cog Wheel Options
- Workbench Menu Options
Adding Items to a Quote
Editing Line Items on a Quote
After an item has been added to the Quote, you can edit most of the information for the item, including quantity, notes, rental time and rate, and pricing. Click in each field to edit. The field will either turn into a text editable field or a drop down menu. Make the changes, then click out of the field and the changes will be saved.
The "Mute" Boxes (LM, NM, TM, PM, WM)
The “Mute” check boxes are found on each line item of a Quote. These check boxes are used to “mute” certain parts of the line item. By default, there are four check boxes found on each line item: Note Mute (NM), Price Mute (PM), Line Mute (LM), and Total Mute (TM). Additionally, you can enable Warehouse Mute (WM) in the Quote document view settings.
Checking the Note Mute (NM) box will make the notes on this line item not appear on the PDF copy of the Quote. This is useful when you have notes that you only want to be seen internally and not by the customer.
Checking the Price Mute (PM) box will make the price of the line item not appear on the PDF copy of the Quote, but the price will still be added to the total price of the Quote.
Checking the Line Mute (LM) box will make the line item not appear on the PDF copy of the Quote. This is useful when you have items that are meant to be part of a package and you don’t necessarily need the customer to see those items.
Checking the Total Mute (TM) box will make the line item not be included in the total price, but the price of the item will still be shown as a reference.
Checking the Warehouse Mute (WM) box will make it so the line item does not carry over to the Pull Sheet for that Quote. Additionally, availability won’t be calculated for that line item, even if the Quote is confirmed.
Sort Modes (Auto, Insert, and Add)
There are three different sort modes when building a Quote: Auto, Insert, and Add. You can select which sort mode to use from the menu at the bottom of the Quote header.
Auto sort mode: When you drag and drop an item into the Quote in Auto sort mode, it will automatically sort into a subtotal. Furthermore, each item will be sorted in the Quote in the same order that the items are sorted in the inventory tree. Remember, you can sort folders and inventory items in the inventory tree any way you want. The folders and items at the top of the inventory tree will appear first on a Quote when you are in Auto sort mode.
Insert sort mode: When you drag and drop an item into the Quote in Insert sort mode, you can place the item wherever you want on the Quote. This includes into any existing subtotal, or outside of a subtotal. A thick black line designates where the item will be dropped into the Quote.
Add sort mode: When you drag and drop an item into the Quote in Add sort mode, the item will automatically be sorted to the very bottom of the Quote.
Notice that when you are in Insert or Add mode, a few new icons appear, including Add Note Line, Add Misc Line, and Add Blank Line to the Quote.
You can move any line item on a Quote by clicking and dragging on the far left-hand side of the line (the small dots). A thick black line will indicate where the line item will be dropped.
Line Item Cog Wheel Options
Each line item on the Quote has a cog wheel with some helpful tools. Click on the cog wheel to see the following options:
- Open Item – Will open the inventory information screen for the item.
- Schedule – Will open the detailed schedule for the item.
- Conflicts – Will open the conflicts and availability window, allowing you to resolve conflicts and availability issues.
- Choose Serialized Unit – Allows you to choose a specific serialized unit to be sent for the line item.
- Suggestions – Will open the suggestions window, allowing you to choose any suggestions that have been applied to the item.
- Copy Line – Will copy the line. After a line has been copied, clicking on another cog wheel will show the paste option.
- Delete Line – Delete the line item from the Quote.
You can also view the upstream and downstream links for the item, and add note, misc, or blank lines to the Quote.
Workbench Menu Options
At the top of the Workbench Menu, you will see the total amount due for the Quote, and the project tree. The project tree will show you all of the parent and child elements that are associated with this Quote. For example, a parent Event Folder, a child Rental PO, a Pull Sheet, or a Crew List that is associated with the Quote.
You can double click on any of the parent or child elements to open them.
Under the total and project tree, you will find the Quote Menu options. The Quote Menu options are split into several different categories. The first category is Modify, which includes the following options:
- Edit Header – Will open the edit window that was opened when you created the Quote.
- Copy Selected Lines – Will allow you to copy multiple selected lines.
- Delete Selected Lines – Will allow you to delete multiple selected lines.
- Bulk Edit – Will allow you do edit multiple line items at once.
- Create Subtotal – Will allow you to create a custom subtotal in which items can be placed.
- Reset Price – Will allow you to reset the default price of line items that have been manually changed. (Select a line item or multiple line items, then choose the Reset Price option)
- Apply Trading Terms – Will apply new trading terms that have been applied to the client of the Quote.
- Copy – Will allow you to copy the entire Quote, with the option to copy the whole project tree, change dates, and reset workflow.
- Move – Will allow you to move the Quote into a parent folder.
- Delete This Quote – Will allow you to delete the entire Quote.
The next category is Reports, where you can generate a variety of PDF copies of the Quote. By default, only a few reports are available in the category. Related to the category is the Send To Client category, which will send a PDF copy to the client.
The Logistics category gives you options to update associated child elements when you make changes on the Quote. The Financials category gives you options to manage the financial aspects of the Quote. The Display category allows you to refresh the entire Quote, or just refresh the availability of the Quote.
The Workflow category will show all of the workflow options that are associated with the current status of the Quote. For example, when the Quote is in Inquiry status, the Workflow category might show options for confirming the Quote, canceling the Quote, or making the Quote tentative. When the Quote is in Confirmed status, the workflow options will change to reflect the new options associated with a confirmed Quote (ex. create a pull sheet, create an invoice, and more).
The Add Child Elements category allows you to quickly add new child elements to the Quote, like a crew call, documents, a PO, and more.