- Adding a New Contact
- Editing Contact Details
- Setting Default Trading Terms for a Contact
- Adding Insurance Information to a Contact
- Uploading Documents and Images to a Contact
- Viewing a Contact's Utilization
- Viewing a Contact's Job Notes
Your Flex system can contain a variety of contacts, from clients to vendors to company employees. Flex includes the following default contact resource types (the different folders in the Contacts section of the Resource Browser):
- Freelance Labor
- Labor Providers
You can add additional contact resource types to suit the needs of your company. Go to the Contact Resource Types page to learn more.
Adding a New Contact
- On the Contacts menu, click New Contact.
- Enter the new contact information.
- First Name: The first name of the contact
- Last Name: The last name of the contact
- Job Title: The job title of the contact (warehouse manager, account executive, etc.)
- Company: The company that the contact works for. This selection must be chosen from an existing company contact record in your Flex system. We recommend creating a single company contact, then individual contact records for each employee of the company.
- Is Company: Choosing Yes will remove the name and job title fields, and you will only be able to input a company name.
- Resource Type: Check the box next to the resource type folder that you want the contact to appear in. A contact can appear in more than one resource type folder.
- Office Phone, Mobile Phone, Fax: Optional phone number entries. You can add additional phone numbers and number types after the contact is created.
- Email: Enter the primary email of the contact. You can add additional emails after the contact is created.
- Address Info: Enter the contact's primary address (street name, city/suburb, state, zip, country). YOu can add additional addresses after the contact is created.
- Click ACCEPT.
You can also click New Company, which will automatically set the Is Company setting to Yes and remove the First Name, Last Name, and Job Title options.
Editing Contact Details
Once a contact has been created, you will see all the different options that you can be edited. These options are explained in further detail in the sections below, including Setting Default Trading Terms for a Contact, Adding Insurance Information to a Contact, and Uploading Documents and Images to a Contact.
To edit the basic information about a contact, double-click the contact name in the Resource Browser, then click through the different tabs in the contact entry.
On the Contact Info tab, you can edit the contact's name, company, job title, phone, address, and personal details. Hover over any telephone, address, or internet address entry and you will see it turn a light green color. This means you can click on it to edit or delete it.
This tab also includes the Relationships section, where you can create a relationship between the contact and another contact. For example, you can create a relationship that that shows a contact as an Event Planner for a company, or as a Lighting Programmer for a venue. See Contact Relationship Types for more information.
Setting Default Trading Terms for a Contact
You can set default trading terms for each contact that will be applied any time you use the contact as the client on a job. The trading terms options are found on the Terms/Skills tab of a contact entry. The following trading terms can be set per contact:
- Standard Discount
- Standard Terms
- Standard Tax Rate
- Default Pricing Model
Adding Insurance Information to a Contact
You can add insurance information to any contact (carrier, policy number, coverage limit, and expiration date).
- Open the contact that you want to add insurance information for.
- Click the Terms/Skills tab.
- In the Insurance section, click ADD COVERAGE.
- Enter the insurance information.
- Carrier: The company name of the insurance carrier
- Description: Optional description of the policy
- Policy #: The policy number as provided by the contact
- Coverage Limit: The coverage limit stated in the policy. Enter numbers only, no symbols or punctuation.
- Effective Date: The date when the policy takes effect
- Expiration Date: The date when the policy ends, or expires
- Click SAVE.
Uploading Documents and Images to a Contact
Each contact entry has a Documents tab and an Image Gallery tab. Here you can upload documents or images associated with the contact.
To upload a document to a contact entry:
- Open the contact that you want to upload a document for.
- Click the Documents tab.
- Click Browse to find the document that you want to upload.
- Enter a description of the document in the Description field.
- Click Upload.
Each uploaded document will now be listed on the Documents tab, and you can download the document by clicking on the file name. To delete a document, click the X in the row of the document that you want to delete.
To upload an image to a contact entry:
- Open the contact that you want to upload a document for.
- Click the Image Gallery tab.
- Click ADD IMAGE to either browse your computer for the image that you want to upload, or use a webcam to capture an image.
- Follow the prompts in the ADD IMAGE window.
To delete an image from the Image Gallery, hover over the image then click the X that appears in the top right corner. You can also choose which image is the default image by clicking the check box under the image that you want to make the default.
Viewing a Contact's Utilization
When a contact is assigned to fulfill a labor role, you can view the job they are assigned to in their Utilization tab.
On the Utilization tab, you can view either a day view, week view, or month view. Any job that the contact is assigned to will show on the calendar. Double-click the job name to open the job.
Viewing a Contact's Job Notes
A contact's Job Notes tab shows notes that have been added to any job where the contact is the responsible person (typically the Account Manager). Additionally, if a note was added to a job and the contact's name was entered as the "Optional Contact," then the note will appear in their Job Notes tab.
The job notes that show on the Job Notes tab are found on an element's Notes tab. For example, if you have a Quote open, then click on the Notes tab of the Quote, you will see the option to add a note with an "Optional Contact" field. When you add a note to this tab, it will push that note to Job Notes tab of the responsible person for that job (as described above).