- Calendar Syncing Permissions
- Setting up Google Calendar Synchronization
- Disconnecting Google Calendar Synchronization
You can set up a specific calendar in Flex to synchronize with your Google calendar. This is a one-way relationship where elements on a Flex calendar can push to Google, but Google calendar entries will not push to Flex.
When you synchronize a Flex calendar with Google, Flex will send basic information about the jobs listed on that calendar, including:
- Job Name
- Job Number
- Job Dates (only ship and return dates)
- Job Status
Calendar Syncing Permissions
A user will need permission to be able to sync with a Google calendar. This permission is called "Can Sync with Google Calendars," and can either be granted for an entire security group, or for an indivudual user.
Setting up Google Calendar Synchronization
There are several steps involved in setting up Google Calendar synchronization. First you will have to connect to a Google account in Flex.
- Open the Flex calendar that you want to sync with Google.
- Click Google Calendar Settings in the Workbench Menu.
- Click Login To Google (if you have previously connected a Google account, then you can skip this step).
If this if your first time connecting a Google account, you will be taken to the Google login screen. Follow all prompts, then you will be returned to Flex with the Google Calendars settings tab open. If this tab does not automatically open, just click Google Calendar Settings again.
If you have previously connected a Google account, then clicking Google Calendar Settings will bring you directly to the Google Calendars page.
The Google Calendars page will show all Google Calendars that are associated with the Google account that you linked to Flex. This includes calendars that you have created, and calendars that have been shared with you.
The next step is to link a specific calendar in Flex with a calendar in Google.
- Double-click the Google calendar name that you want to sync with.
- Use the Calendar Template drop-down menu to choose which Flex calendar you want to push to the selected Google calendar.
- Choose a Back Date (optional) if you want the Google calendar to sync any Flex calendar entries from the past.
- Click SAVE.
After completing the steps above, you can view the selected calendar in your Google account and you should see job information being sent from Flex. If you don't see Flex calendar information being sent, try refreshing your Google calendar.
Additionally, any new job that is created in your system and appears on the Flex calendar that is synced with Google will show in your Google calendar.
Disconnecting Google Calendar Synchronization
- With any Flex calendar open, click Google Calendar Settings.
- Double-click the Google calendar that you want to unlink from Flex.
- Click either UNLINK & CLEAR ALL EVENTS (if you want all events to clear from the Google calendar), or UNLINK (if you just want to unlink the calendars without clearing all events from the Google calendar).