- Adding Items to a Rental PO
- Editing Line Items on a Rental PO
- The "Line Mute" (LM) Box
- Sort Modes (Auto, Insert, and Add)
- Line Item Cog Wheel Options
- Workbench Menu Options
Adding Items to a Rental PO
To add an item to a Rental PO, click and drag the item from the inventory tree. Wait for the box to turn green, then drop the item. Enter a quantity, then click ACCEPT.
You can also add items to a Rental PO from the search function in the resource browser. Search for an inventory item, then drag and drop it into the Rental PO.
Editing Line Items on a Rental PO
After an item has been added to the Rental PO, you can edit most of the information for the item, including quantity, notes, rate, and pricing. Click in each field to edit. The field will either turn into a text editable field or a drop down menu. Make the changes, then click out of the field and the changes will be saved.
The "Line Mute" (LM) Box
Checking the Line Mute (LM) box will make the line item not appear on the PDF copy of the Rental PO.
Sort Modes (Auto, Insert, and Add)
There are three different sort modes when building a Rental PO: Auto, Insert, and Add. You can select which sort mode to use from the menu at the bottom of the Rental PO header.
Auto sort mode: When you drag and drop an item into the Rental PO in Auto sort mode, it will automatically sort into a subtotal. Furthermore, each item will be sorted in the Rental PO in the same order that the items are sorted in the inventory tree. Remember, you can sort folders and inventory items in the inventory tree any way you want. The folders and items at the top of the inventory tree will appear first on a Rental PO when you are in Auto sort mode.
Insert sort mode: When you drag and drop an item into the Rental PO in Insert sort mode, you can place the item wherever you want on the Rental PO. This includes into any existing subtotal, or outside of a subtotal. A thick black line designates where the item will be dropped into the Rental PO.
Add sort mode: When you drag and drop an item into the Rental PO in Add sort mode, the item will automatically be sorted to the very bottom of the Rental PO.
Notice that when you are in Insert or Add mode, a few new icons appear, including Add Note Line, Add Misc Line, and Add Blank Line to the Rental PO.
You can move any line item on a Rental PO by clicking and dragging on the far left-hand side of the line (the small dots). A thick black line will indicate where the line item will be dropped.
Line Item Cog Wheel Options
Each line item on the Rental PO has a cog wheel with some helpful tools. Click on the cog wheel to see the following options:
- Open Item – Will open the inventory information screen for the item.
- Schedule – Will open the detailed schedule for the item.
- Choose Serialized Unit – Allows you to choose a specific serialized unit to be sent for the line item.
- Suggestions – Will open the suggestions window, allowing you to choose any suggestions that have been applied to the item.
- Copy Line – Will copy the line. After a line has been copied, clicking on another cog wheel will show the paste option. Or you can use the Paste Copied Lines option in the Workbench Menu.
- Delete Line – Delete the line item from the Rental PO.
You can also view the upstream and downstream links for the item, and add note, misc, or blank lines to the Rental PO.
Workbench Menu Options
At the top of the Workbench Menu, you will see the total cost of the Rental PO, and the project tree. The project tree will show you all of the parent and child elements that are associated with this Rental PO. For example, a parent Event Folder or Quote.
You can double click on any of the parent or child elements to open them.
Under the total and project tree, you will find the Rental PO Menu options. The Rental PO Menu options are split into several different categories. The first category is Modify, which includes the following options:
- Edit Header – Will open the edit window that was opened when you created the Rental PO.
- Copy Selected Lines – Will allow you to copy multiple selected lines.
- Delete Selected Lines – Will allow you to delete multiple selected lines.
- Bulk Edit – Will allow you do edit multiple line items at once.
- Create Subtotal – Will allow you to create a custom subtotal in which items can be placed.
- Reset Price – Will allow you to reset the default price of line items that have been manually changed. (Select a line item or multiple line items, then choose the Reset Price option.)
- Copy – Will allow you to copy the entire Rental PO, with the option to copy the whole project tree, change dates, and reset workflow.
- Move – Will allow you to move the Rental PO into a parent folder.
- Delete This Purchase PO – Will allow you to delete the entire Rental PO.
The next category is Reports, where you can generate a PDF copy of the Rental PO. By default, only the Generate PDF option is available in the category. Under Reports, you can use the Send to Vendor option, which will send an email to the vendor with a PDF of the Rental PO attached.
The Workflow category will show all of the workflow options that are associated with the current status of the Rental PO. For example, when the Rental PO is in PO - Tentative status, the Workflow category might show the option to submit the PO for approval. When you change statuses, the workflow options will change to reflect the new options associated with the status.
The Add Child Elements category allows you to quickly add new child elements to the Rental PO, like a Document.