- Scanning Out From a Pull Sheet
- Undoing a Scan
- Substituting a Line
- Using the "Choose From Another List" Option
- Using the "Choose From Free Scan Out" Option
- Finalizing a Pull Sheet Prep
With a Pull Sheet created, you can now scan equipment out of your available inventory. The equipment that you scan will have a current location of the job to which it was scanned out.
Scanning Out From a Pull Sheet
- Open the Pull Sheet that you want to scan.
- Click Go to Prep Screen in the Workbench Menu.
There are several methods for scanning equipment out:
- Use a Barcode Scanner – For serialized items, you will scan the unique barcode found on each serialized unit of the model. For non-serialized items, you will scan the model barcode, then enter the quantity that you want to scan. See Serialized vs. Non-Serialized for more information.
- Manually Enter Barcodes – You can manually enter a barcode into the barcode input box (to the right of the main menu in Flex). Like using a barcode scanner, you will manually enter unique barcodes for serialized units, and the model barcode for non-serialized items.
- Virtual Scan – To virtually scan an item, double-click on the line item in the prep screen. If you virtually scan a serialized item, a window will appear asking you to select a specific serialized unit to send. If you virtually scan a non-serialized item, the quantity prompt will appear asking you to enter the quantity that you want to scan.
By default, performing a virtual scan will cause a prompt to appear, asking you to verify the virtual scan. If you want to turn this prompt off, click Manage Prompt Preferences in the Workbench Menu, then uncheck the Virtual Scan Confirmation. Click SAVE to save changes.
Undoing a Scan
If you need to undo a scan, click the UNDO LAST SCAN button in the Last Scan tab. If you need to delete multiple scans, or a scan that you did earlier in the prep process, you can use the Related Scan Records screen. To access this screen, click the cog wheel next to the item for which you need to delete a scan, then click Related Scan Records.
Find the barcode(s) that you want to undo, then click the check box on the right side of the row so it turns to YES. Click ACCEPT, then Yes on the confirmation screen. The selected items will go back to unscanned.
Substituting a Line
You can substitute equipment during the prep process. For example, if you don’t have enough 25 foot cables to fill the order, you can substitute them for 50 foot cables. Click the cog wheel on the line for the 25 foot cables and click Substitute Line.
A red prompt will tell you that the next item you scan will substitute for the original item (you can press escape on your keyboard to cancel the substitution scan). Now, if you scan a 50 foot cable, the scanned quantity for the 25 foot cable will increase, but the 50 foot cable will be placed on the manifest.
Doing this will allow you to fulfill the quantity for the item that you don’t have enough of, but still have a scan record for the item you used to substitute.
Using the "Choose From Another List" Option
Using the "Choose From Free Scan Out" Option
Finalizing a Pull Sheet Prep
As you have been scanning, you might have noticed that a green check mark appears next to any line item that has the quantity completely fulfilled. You will also see a green check mark next to any subtotal that has been completely fulfilled.
As soon as all quantities have been fulfilled (the progress bar at the top of the screen will say 100%), you will see a prompt asking if you want to finalize the prep for the Pull Sheet. If you are ready to finalize, click FINALIZE. The job is now ready to be shipped.