- Adding Labor to a Crew Call
- Assigning Contacts to a Labor Role
- Line Item Cog Wheel Options
- Workbench Menu Options
Adding Labor to a Crew Call
A Crew Call can have labor and contacts added to it in two ways: By adding them directly onto the Crew Call, and by assigning a contact to a labor role on a Quote.
To add a labor role or contact to a Crew Call, click and drag the labor role or contact from the Resource Browser. Wait for the box to turn green, then drop the item. Enter a quantity, then click ACCEPT.
If you add a labor role to the Crew Call, then you can click the cog-wheel on the line of the labor role to use the Staffing Assistant to assign a contact to that role. If you add a contact to the Crew Call, then you can click the Labor Role field and assign a labor role from the drop-down menu.
Additionally, remember that whenever you assign a contact to a labor role on a Quote (using the Staffing Assistant), the contact and labor role will automatically be added to a child Crew Call. See Creating a Crew Call for more information.
Assigning Contacts to a Labor Role
As previously stated, you can assign a contact to a labor role both on a Crew Call and on a Quote. If you assign a contact to a labor role on a Quote (using the Staffing Assistant), then the contact and labor role information will automatically populate on a child Crew Call.
To assign a contact to a labor role (whether on a Crew Call or a Quote), click the cog-wheel on the line item for the labor role and click Staffing Assistant. Choose a contact that you want to assign by checking the box next to their name, then click ASSIGN.
For more information, see the Staffing Assistant page.
We also recommend viewing the Skills and Qualifications page to see how assigning skills and qualifications to a contact can help you decide who is the best fit to assign to a labor role.
skill / qualification that you chose when creating the labor service offering will automatically default as the chosen skill, but you can change it to any skill you want.
Line Item Cog Wheel Options
Each line item on the Crew Call has a cog-wheel with some helpful tools. Click on the cog-wheel to see the following options:
- Open Contact - Open the contact entry for the contact assigned (if applicable).
- Clear Contact - Clear any contact that is assigned to the line.
- Staffing Assistant - Open the staffing assistant to assign a contact to the labor role.
- Send Email - Send an email to the contact that is assigned. The contact must have an email entered in their contact entry.
- Copy Line - Copy the line item.
- Delete Line - Delete the line.
Workbench Menu Options
At the top of the Workbench Menu, you will see the project tree. The project tree will show you all the parent and child elements that are associated with the Crew Call. For example, a parent Quote, a child Labor PO, etc.
You can double click on any of the parent or child elements to open them.
Under the total and project tree, you will find the Crew Call Menu options. The Crew Call Menu options are split into several different categories. The first category is Modify, which includes the following options:
- Edit Header – Will open the edit window that was opened when you created the Crew Call.
- Bulk Edit – Will allow you to edit multiple line items at once.
- Delete Selected Lines – Will allow you to delete multiple selected lines.
- Copy - Will allow you to copy the entire Crew Call.
- Delete This Crew Call - Will allow you to delete the entire Crew Call.
The Display category allows you to refresh the entire Quote, or just refresh the availability of the Quote.
The Communication category allows you to send an email to any contact that you select. The email uses a template that sends general information about the Crew Call, including job name, location, times, etc.
The Workflow category shows all the workflow options that are associated with the current status of the Crew Call. When you change statuses, the workflow actions change as well.
The Add Child Elements category allows you to quickly add new child elements to the Crew Call, like a documents or a Labor PO.
The Reports category allows you to print a PDF copy of the Crew Call. By default, there are two report options: Crew List Time Card and Print Crew List.