- Using Workflow Actions to Change the Status of a Rental PO
- Manually Changing the Status of a Rental PO
- Status Option Definitions
Each Rental PO has a status applied to it. You can track the progress of a Rental PO based on its status (Awaiting Approval, PO Received, etc.).
Using Workflow Actions to Change the Status of a Rental PO
- Open the Rental PO for which you want to change the status.
- Find the Workflow section in the Workbench Menu (right-hand menu).
- Click any available workflow action to change the status.
Because the Rental PO workflow can be modified, the options you see in the Workflow section of the menu might be different than the default options. By default, a Rental PO in the PO - Tentative status will show the following option:
- Submit for Approval: Will send an email to a manager (emails set up in settings) informing them that the PO is awaiting approval.
As you set a Rental PO to a new status, new workflow actions will be made available. Additionally, Rental POs can have their status changed by receiving the PO using the receiving screen (on the Warehouse menu).
These workflow actions, statuses, and workflow jobs (email templates, element generators, etc.) can be modified. Learn how on the Modifying the Rental PO Workflow page.
Manually Changing the Status of a Rental PO
You can bypass using workflow actions to change the status of a Rental PO by manually changing the status.
To enable manual status changes, you will have to change the Rental PO element settings.
- On the Projects menu, click Project Elements.
- Double-click Rental PO.
- Click the Status Options tab.
- Change the Status Edit Mode option to Manual Changes Permitted.
- Click UPDATE.
With the setting changed to Manual Changes Permitted, you can click Edit Header from a Rental PO and manually change the Status field using the drop-down menu.
While there is nothing inherently wrong with enabling manual status changes, it often leads to problems with accountability (since anybody can change to any status they want), and eliminates workflow jobs (like sending email templates, automatically creating child elements, etc.).
Status Option Definitions
When a Rental PO is set to a status, the Rental PO will inherit the attributes of that status. Status option attributes can be viewed on the System Settings menu under Status Options. Double-click a status name to view its attributes and settings. The attributes associated with a status option include the following:
- Name: The name of the status (PO - Tentative, PO - Confirmed, PO - Received, etc.).
- Creates Conflicts: Determines whether or not an element in this status creates conflicts.
- Closed Status: Determines whether or not an element in this status will be closed, which means the element cannot be edited, and will not show up in searches unless "show closed" settings are applied.
- Locked Status: Determines whether or not an element in this status is locked, which means the element cannot be edited. The element will still show up in searches, and it not considered closed.
- Locks Availability: Determines whether or not an element in this status will control availability. For example: A Pull Sheet (as a child to a Quote) might be in a status that locks availability, and it will control availability as opposed to the Quote.
- Probability: A percentage value representing the likelihood that a job will happen when it is in this status.
- Background Color: Determines the default background color that will be used when an element enters this status.
- Text Color: Determines the default text color that will be used when an element enters this status.
- Border Color: Determines the default border color that will be used when an element enters this status.
- Bold: Determines whether or not the status text is bold when an element enters this status.
- Italic: Determines whether or not the status text is italicized when an element enters this status.