The Staffing Assistant is a useful tool that allows you to assign contacts to the labor service offerings you have on Quotes and Crew Calls. The Staffing Assistant uses Skills and Qualifications, so it would be helpful to review that section first.
Using the Staffing Assistant in a Quote
- Drag and drop a labor service offering into the Quote. Notice that the availability column shows -1 in red.
- Double-click the red conflict box to launch the Staffing Assistant. (Alternatively, you can click the cog-wheel, then click Staffing Assistant.)
- Check the box next to the contact that you want to assign, then click ASSIGN.
When you assign a contact to a labor role, a Crew Call will be generated as a child to the Quote. Additional assignments on the same Quote will be added to the child Crew Call.
Remember, if you added a default qualification to the labor service offering, then that qualification will automatically appear in the filter at the top of the Staffing Assistant (see Assigning Default and Associated Qualifications to a Service Offering). With a qualification set in the filter, only contacts who have that skill / qualification will show in the Staffing Assistant. You can always change the filter if you want to see contacts with other skills / qualifications.
Using the Staffing Assistant on the Projects Menu
- On the Projects menu, click Staffing Assistant.
- Choose filter options, including skill / qualification, show unresolved only, and a date range.
The Staffing Assistant from the Projects menu will show labor service offerings from all Quotes in your system between the chosen date range. You can filter to show only certain skills / qualifications, and whether to show only unresolved labor roles.
To assign a contact, double-click the red conflict box to launch the Staffing Assistant (alternatively, you can click the cog-wheel, then click Staffing Assistant), then choose a contact to assign.