Occasionally, Users have the need to provide specific documentation to their clients based on the scope of the job or other factors that are not defined simply in standard Terms & Conditions options. Additionally, there are times when it is necessary to include Terms & Conditions with an Event Folder; Report Groups do not work with the Default Print Format Report (i.e., Generate PDF).
For these more complicated scenarios, there's a way to use the Subreport option in conjunction with additional, specially-created Project Elements to provide an extended definition of the report stack in an ad-hoc manner. The import thing to note is that this option only works if the additional forms do not need to contain job-specific information. In other words, they don't require the job name, number, etc.
- Create and upload a Static Report for each "terms" item that might be needed. Name it something recognizable and obvious.
- Create a new Standard Project Element for each "terms" item.
- Projects > Project Elements > New Standard Project Element
- Name it according to its purpose, similar or identical to the Static Report. This will be the "report element" referenced from here on.
- Click UPDATE.
- Once created, reload each new element to see complete options.
- Make sure to enable it.
- Go to the Reports tab, in the Instance level Reports section, check the box for the Static Report to which that particular Project Element relates.
- Choose the same report for the Default Instance Level Report option.
- Click UPDATE.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for any other "report elements."
- Open the Project Element on which these will be needed (typically Event Folders, but Quotes are also applicable)
- Go to the Child Elements tab and check the boxes for the newly added report elements.
- Go to the Reports tab. In the Default Print Format Report section, choose the "report element" from the Report dropdown list, leave Corporate Identity and Location as-is, then choose the same report for Sub-Report that was selected in step 5.
- The report elements should be added in the order they should appear when printed.
- The rows can also be dragged and dropped after adding, but they should appear in the order expected in the PDF output.
- Click ADD.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for any additional report elements that were created.
- Click UPDATE to complete the setup process for that Project Element.
- Repeat steps 8-13 if the report elements are needed on another Project Element.
Now, when a User needs to include one or more of those terms items, they can use the appropriate option found in the Add Child Elements section of the Workbench menu for their particular element.