- Creating a New Inventory Model
- Field Definitions
- Editing an Inventory Model
- Uploading an Inventory Model Image
- Deleting an Inventory Model
Since your inventory is a vital part of your Flex system, we recommend being as thorough as possible when adding inventory items.
This article contains information for adding and editing inventory models. For information on adding individual serial units, see Adding and Editing Serial Units.
Creating a New Inventory Model
- On the Main Menu, select the Inventory menu and click New Inventory Model.
- Enter the new inventory item information (see Field Definitions section).
- Click OK.
Alternatively, you can create a new inventory model by using the New Inventory Model icon on the Quick Links home page or by right-clicking on the inventory group that you want to add the new model to, then clicking New Inventory Model.
- Name: The name that will appear on Quotes and other documents that are sent to customers.
- Short Name: The name that will appear in the inventory tree.
- Short Hand: Optional short hand version of the item name that makes the item more easily searchable.
- Size: The size of the item (optional, but typically used for cable lengths, monitor and TV sizes, etc.).
- Narrative Description: Longer and more detailed description of the item.
- Primary Group: Where the item will appear in the inventory tree.
- Additional Groups: If needed, the item can appear in more than one location in the inventory tree.
- Icon: Click the binoculars icon to choose an icon from the extensive icon library. Click the broom icon to delete the current icon.
- Purchase Cost: The purchase cost of a single unit of the item.
- Replacement Cost: The replacement cost of a single unit of the item. This amount can be calculated per line item on a Quote, with a grand total replacement cost showing on the Quote.
- Manufacturer: The manufacturer of the item.
- Country of Manufacture: The country where the item was manufactured. This information can be printed per line item on an equipment manifest.
- Track Running Hours: Selecting Yes will allow you to track hours on the item whenever you scan it in and out.
- Hide: Selecting Yes will cause this item to be hidden (in the inventory tree and when searching) from any user that does not have permission to view hidden items.
- Line Mute By Default: Selecting Yes will cause this item to not appear as a printed line item on documents that are sent to customers, but will still be charged for.
- Note Mute By Default: Selecting Yes will cause the note to not appear on documents that you send to customers.
- Notes: Anything entered in this area will appear as a note when this item is placed onto a Quote or other document.
- Tags: Currently not implemented.
Structure / Availability
- Preset: The type of model, container or package. You can find more Preset information on the Structure / Availability Settings page.
- Tracked By S/N: Determines whether or not the item is tracked by serial number, or, in other words, whether the item is serialized or non-serialized. If set to “Yes”, the inventory model will be considered a “Serialized Model,” which means each unit of the model that you own will have its own barcode. If set to “No”, the inventory model will be considered a “Non Serialized Model,” which means that each unit of the model will not have its own barcode.
- Unit Container: Determines whether or not the inventory model’s units can contain other units. This is different than Model Container in that you are actually scanning individual units into a container. Unit Container only works if the item is serialized.
- Contents Available: Determines whether or not the contents of a unit container are available to rent individually.
- Contents Permanent: Determines whether or not the contents of a unit container are considered permanent.
- Free Pick Container: Determines whether or not the unit container can be opened during the prep process to add more units into the container. This is a good option when you want to put items into a container on the fly and have them show on the manifest as being inside the container.
Tracking / Logistics
- Expendable: Choose Yes or No.
- Expendable Return Estimate: Enter a percentage if you expect a certain amount of this item to return, even if it is considered expendable.
- Item / Part Number: The manufacturer item or part number for your reference.
- SKU: The manufacturer SKU for your reference.
- Model Bar Code: Leave this field blank and Flex will automatically generate a barcode. You can also manually enter a barcode if needed.
- Barcode Label Field: For advanced users. See Barcode Label Design & Fine Tuning.
- Weight Unit: The unit of weight used for whatever value is entered in the next field.
- Weight: The weight of the item. This number can be calculated per line item on an equipment manifest to show the total weight of all items scanned.
- Linear Unit: The unit of measurement used for whatever value is entered into the next three fields.
- Length: The length of the item.
- Width: The width of the item.
- Height: The height of the item.
- Prep Time Each (in minutes): This number can be calculated per line item on a Quote or Pull Sheet to show the total estimated prep time for a job.
- Deprep Time Each (in minutes): This number can be calculated per line item on a Quote or Pull Sheet to show the total estimated deprep time for a job.
Editing an Inventory Model
- Open an inventory model page by double-clicking on an inventory item name in the inventory tree or in the search tab.
- Click the in the Edit Model icon item header.
- Edit the inventory model information (see Field Definitions section).
- Click OK.
From the upper right hand header menu on the inventory information page, you canDelete Inventory Model, Copy Inventory Model, or Reset for Physical Count.
Uploading an Inventory Model Image
- Open the inventory model that you want to add a model image to.
- Drag and drop an image or click BROWSE.
- Follow the steps found in the Add Model Image window.
For more Inventory Model Image options, hover over the uploaded image as shown below.
Deleting an Inventory Model
- Open the inventory model that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete Inventory Model icon in the upper right hand item header.
- Click Yes to confirm.