- Creating a New Inventory Model
- Field Definitions
- Editing an Inventory Model
- Uploading an Inventory Model Image
- Deleting an Inventory Model
Since your inventory is a vital part of your Flex system, we recommend being as thorough as possible when adding inventory items.
Creating a New Inventory Model
- On the Inventory menu, click New Inventory Item.
- Enter the new inventory item information. (see Field Definitions section)
- Click OK.
Alternatively, you can create a new inventory model by right-clicking on the inventory group that you want to add the new model to, then clicking New Inventory Model.
- Item Name: The name that will appear on Quote and other documents that are sent to customers.
- Item Short Name: The name that will appear in the inventory tree.
- Short Hand: Optional short hand version of the item name that makes the item more easily searchable.
- Narrative Description: Longer and more detailed description of the item.
- Manufacturer: The manufacturer of the item.
- Size: The size of the item (optional, but typically used for cable lengths, monitor and TV sizes, etc.).
- Track Running Hours: Selecting Yes will allow you to track hours on the item whenever you scan it in and out.
- Replacement Cost: The replacement cost of a single unit of the item. This amount can be calculated per line item on a Quote, with a grand total replacement cost showing on the Quote.
- Purchase Cost: The purchase cost of a single unit of the item.
- Primary Group: Where the item will appear in the inventory tree.
- Additional Groups: If needed, the item can appear in more than one location in the inventory tree.
- Icon: Click the binoculars icon to choose an icon from the extensive icon library. Click the broom icon to delete the current icon.
- Country of Manufacture: The country where the item was manufactured. This information can be printed per line item on an equipment manifest.
- Hide: Selecting Yes will cause this item to be hidden (in the inventory tree and when searching) from any user that does not have permission to view hidden items.
- Line Mute By Default: Selecting Yes will cause this item to not appear as a printed line item on documents that are sent to customers, but will still be charged for.
- Preset: Learn more on the Structure / Availability Settings page.
- Expendable: Select Yes if this item is expendable and you want it to default to the default expendable resource type (which is typically Retail).
- Expendable Return Estimate: Enter a percentage if you expect a certain amount of this item to return, even if it is considered expendable.
- Item / Part Number: The manufacturer item or part number for your reference.
- SKU: The manufacturer SKU for your reference.
- Bar Code: Leave this field blank and Flex will automatically generate a barcode. You can also manually enter a barcode if needed.
- Weight Unit: The unit of weight used for whatever value is entered in the next field.
- Weight: The weight of the item. This number can be calculated per line item on an equipment manifest to show the total weight of all items scanned.
- Linear Unit: The unit of measurement used for whatever value is entered into the next three fields.
- Length: The length of the item.
- Width: The width of the item.
- Height: The height of the item.
- Prep Time Each (in minutes): This number can be calculated per line item on a Quote or Pull Sheet to show the total estimated prep time for a job.
- Deprep Time Each (in minutes): This number can be calculated per line item on a Quote or Pull Sheet to show the total estimated deprep time for a job.
- Notes: Anything entered in this area will appear as a note when this item is placed onto a Quote or other document.
- Note Mute By Default: Selecting Yes will cause the note to not appear on documents that you send to customers.
Editing an Inventory Model
- Open an inventory model page by double-clicking on an inventory item name in the inventory tree or in the search tab.
- Click the Edit Model icon in the item header.
- Edit the inventory model information. (see Field Definitions section)
- Click OK.
From the inventory information page, you can also delete the item, create a new item, copy the current inventory item, and use scheduling/processing tools.
Uploading an Inventory Model Image
- Open the inventory model that you want to add a model image to.
- Drag and drop image or click Browse.
- Follow the steps found in the Add Model Image window.
For more Inventory Model Image options, hover over the uploaded image (see below).
Deleting an Inventory Model
- Open the inventory model that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete Inventory Model icon in the item header.
- Click Yes to confirm.