Your Flex system can contain a variety of contacts, from clients to vendors to company employees. Flex includes the following default contact resource types (the different folders in the Contacts section of the Resource Browser):
- Freelance Labor
- Labor Providers
You can add additional contact resource types to suit the needs of your company. Go to the Contact Resource Types page to learn more.
Adding a New Contact
- On the Contacts menu, click New Contact.
- Enter the new contact information.
- First Name: The first name of the contact
- Last Name: The last name of the contact
- Job Title: The job title of the contact (warehouse manager, account executive, etc.)
- Company: The company that the contact works for. This selection must be chosen from an existing company contact record in your Flex system. We recommend creating a single company contact, then individual contact records for each employee of the company.
- Is Company: Choosing Yes will remove the name and job title fields, and you will only be able to input a company name.
- Resource Type: Check the box next to the resource type folder that you want the contact to appear in. A contact can appear in more than one resource type folder.
- Office Phone, Mobile Phone, Fax: Optional phone number entries. You can add additional phone numbers and number types after the contact is created.
- Email: Enter the primary email of the contact. You can add additional emails after the contact is created.
- Address Info: Enter the contact's primary address (street name, city/suburb, state, zip, country). YOu can add additional addresses after the contact is created.
- Click OK.
You can also click New Company, which will automatically set the Is Company setting to Yes and remove the First Name, Last Name, and Job Title options.
Editing Contact Details
To edit the basic information about a contact, double-click the contact name in the Resource Browser, then click the Edit Contact button in the top right section of the contact header.
Setting Default Trading Terms for a Contact
You can set default trading terms for each contact that will be applied any time you use the contact as the client on a job. The trading terms options are found on the Default Terms tab of a contact entry. The following trading terms can be set per contact:
- Standard Discount
- Standard Terms
- Standard Tax Rate
- Default Pricing Model