- Adding a New Contact
- Editing Contact Details
- Setting Default Terms for a Contact
- Adding Insurance Information to a Contact
- Uploading Files and Images to a Contact
- Viewing the Element History for a Contact
Your Flex system can contain a variety of contacts, from clients to vendors to company employees. Flex includes the following default contact resource types (the different folders in the Contacts section of the Resource Browser):
- Freelance Labor
- Labor Providers
Adding a New Contact
- In the Main Menu, go to Contacts and select New Contact (or use the Quick Links tab New Contact icon).
- Enter the new contact information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company: The company that the contact works for. This selection must be chosen from an existing company contact record in your Flex system. We recommend creating a single company contact, then individual contact records for each employee of the company.
- Inherit Default Terms: Determines whether or not the Company's default terms are inherited to the contact.
- Is Company: Choosing Yes will remove the name and job title fields, and you will only be able to input a company name.
- Job Title: The job title of the contact (warehouse manager, account executive, etc.)
- Assigned Number: An optional additional identifying number for a contact. Used for internal reference.
- Default Bill To Contact
- Resource Type: Click the Search icon to view your Resource Type options. Highlight the resource type folder(s) that you want the contact to appear in and click OK. A contact can appear in more than one resource type folder.
- Mobile Phone, Office Phone: Optional phone number entries. You can add additional phone numbers and number types after the contact is created.
- Email: Enter the primary email of the contact. You can add additional emails after the contact is created.
- Address Information: Enter the contact's primary address (street name, city/suburb, state, zip, country). You can add additional addresses after the contact is created.
- Time Zone: The time zone where the contact is located.
- Click OK.
You can also click New Company, which will automatically set the Is Company setting to Yes and remove the First Name, Last Name, and Job Title options.
Editing Contact Details
To edit the basic information about a contact, double-click the contact name in the Resource Browser, then click the Edit Contact icon in the top right section of the contact header.
Setting Default Terms for a Contact
You can set default terms for each contact that will be applied any time you use the contact as the client on a job. The default terms options are found on the Default Terms tab of a contact entry. The following can be set per contact:
- Standard Discount
- Standard Terms
- Standard Tax Rate
- Default Pricing Model
Adding Insurance Information to a Contact
You can add insurance information to any contact. This information consists of carrier, policy number, coverage limit, and expiration date.
- Open the contact that you want to add insurance information for.
- Click the Insurance tab.
- Select the Add New Insurance icon in the bottom menu.
- Enter the insurance information.
- Carrier: The company name of the insurance carrier.
- Description: Optional description of the policy.
- Policy #: The policy number as provided by the contact.
- Coverage Limit: The coverage limit stated in the policy. Enter numbers only, no symbols or punctuation.
- Effective Date: The date when the policy takes effect.
- Expiration Date: The date when the policy ends, or expires.
- Click OK.
Once the Insurance record is created, you can edit the record by double-clicking the line and add files.
Uploading Files and Images to a Contact
Each contact entry has a Files tab and an area where you load an image of the contact. This is where you can upload documents, URLs, or images associated with the contact.
To upload a file(s) to a contact entry:
- Open the contact that you want to upload a document to.
- Click the Files tab.
- Select the Add New File icon located in the bottom menu.
- Click Upload File to locate the document you want to upload OR enter a URL link.
- Click ADD.
Each uploaded file or URL will now be listed on the Files tab. You can download the document by clicking on the file name or click on the URL to navigate to that link. To delete a file or URL, click the checkbox of the line and select the Delete Selected Lines icon in the bottom menu.
To upload an image to a contact entry:
- Open the contact that you want to upload an image to.
- Drag and drop an image or click BROWSE.
- Follow the steps found in the Add Contact Image window.
Viewing the Element History for a Contact
Each contact includes a Element History tab so you can easily view past jobs that the contact was assigned to. This includes Account Manager, Client, Vendor, etc. This grid provides different columns that you can filter by. For example, you can filter to show only Quotes where the contact was the "Client" last month.
When viewing a company's Element History, you can choose to "Show Child Contacts / Employees" in this list. By checking that box, it will include all elements for the company and any contact(s) that are associated with the company. You can uncheck the checkbox to view only the company elements.