- Flex5 Desktop Usage Disclaimer
- How to Still Use Flex4
- Flex4 to Flex5 Transition
- Current Features Available in Flex5 Desktop
- Notable Features Not Yet Available in Flex5 Desktop
We're excited to offer Flex5 Desktop access to all customers! Flex5 Desktop is currently in the Beta phase. Please review the Flex5 Desktop Usage Disclaimer section (below) for more information regarding what the Beta designation means.
During the Beta phase, customers will use both Flex4 (the current Flash-based product) and Flex5 (the new HTML5-based product) in their day-to-day operations. As we continue to add features and functionality in Flex5, then Flex5 will become the primary product that you use day-to-day.
Keep in mind that the current Flex5 Desktop product is a work in progress. Some features and functionality are not available, and others are still being optimized for speed and performance. You'll notice a much smoother and faster user experience in Flex5. But if you come across errors or slow performance, please submit a report so we can address any issues.
Please provide feedback by using the "Send Feedback" button found in the top-right corner of Flex5.
Primary Login Change
The following video will explain changes relating to primary login in Flex, as we continue development in Flex5.
Flex5 Desktop Usage Disclaimer
Our Beta Flex5 Desktop environment provides a limited feature-set that has undergone quality testing and a full-stack regression test. While we are confident in the accuracy of financial calculations and availability in Flex5, we still encourage you to verify all information in any live job that you build in Flex5. Please report any inaccuracies.
As with any newly created software, there will be bugs and issues that can only be discovered by actual users in a real-life environment. We're hoping you will take an active part in reporting bugs and issues so we can make the best product possible.
How to Still Use Flex4
If you want to keep using Flex4, then you must download and install the standalone Flex4 App:
- On the Flex5 Log In page, see the options available in the Still Need to Access Flex4 section
- Download the Flex4 app, which is found in Flex5 on the main menu in the Help section.
- After logging into Flex 5, click the Icon to access the Main Menu
- Next, Click Help, and then click Flex4 App Download
- Agree to the terms, and follow instructions to download & install
Flex4 to Flex5 Transition
Our goal was to accomplish the following: Make the transition from Flex4 to Flex5 as seamless and easy as possible. Built into the architecture between Flex4 and Flex5 is a single point of access for data. This is the same database that you have been using in Flex4 since you started using Flex. The difference between Flex4 and Flex5 is not only the user interface, but the backend code that accesses that single database. What that means is when you log in to Flex5, all your inventory, quotes, invoices, etc. are already waiting for you. If you create or update a financial document or inventory in Flex4, it will immediately be updated and available in Flex5. Likewise, If you create or update anything in Flex5, it will be updated and available in Flex4.
As previously mentioned, you will use both Flex4 and Flex5 during this transition. You might create and manage some inventory in Flex5, but then have to go back to Flex4 to manage a Crew Call. You can build a Quote or Proposal in Flex5, but might have to go back to Flex4 to modify Sales Tax rule settings. Eventually, all functionality will be available in Flex5 and you will no longer use Flex4.
Current Features Available in Flex5 Desktop
- Creating and editing financial elements (like Quotes, Invoices, etc.)
- Creating and editing equipment lists (like Pull Sheets, Manifests, etc.)
- Creating and editing crew list elements (like Crew Calls)
- Creating and editing Expense Sheets
- Creating and editing contacts (although not all tabs are available in the contact view)
- Creating and editing inventory models and serial units (with almost all tabs available, like Suggestions, Suppliers, Pricing, etc.)
- Creating and editing service offerings
- Prep and Return Scanning
- Free Scan In and Free Scan Out
- Inquiry Scan
- Container Builder
- Viewing element lists (on the Projects menu)
- Calendars (excluding Gantt view)
- Creating and editing Event Folders
- Inventory Manager page
- Managing Suggestion Types (on the Inventory menu)
- Creating and editing users
- Some System Settings pages
- Barcode printing and printer setup
- Business Locations
- Corporate Identities
- Skills and Qualifications
- User management
- Icon Library
- Payment Terms
- Running global reports (from the main menu > Reports)
- Custom Fields (on Project Elements and Inventory Models)
Notable Features Not Yet Available in Flex5 Desktop
- Staffing Assistant
- Resolving conflicts
- Many System Settings pages
- Project Element settings pages
- Workflow configuration
- Receive / Sub-Rental Return scanning
- Ship / Deprep scanning
- Incremental Invoices
- To-Do List
- Accounting Integration