- Generating a PDF Report
- Using the "Send to Client" Option
- Modifying the "Send Invoice to Client" Email Template
There are several ways to send an Invoice to a client. Flex has an embedded "Send to Client" feature from the Invoice, which will send an email with a PDF copy of the Invoice attached. Additionally, you can directly export a PDF, Word, or Excel copy of an Invoice to your computer to print or email to the client.
Generating a PDF Report
- Open the Invoice that you want to generate a PDF for.
- Find the Reports section in the Workbench Menu.
- Click the report that you want to generate. An options window will appear.
- Choose the options for that report (typically Report Format, Paper Size, and Page Orientation).
- Click GENERATE REPORT.
The report will be saved to your computer.
Using the "Send to Client" Option
- Open the Invoice that you want to send.
- Click the Send to Client icon in the top right of the Invoice header.
- Review the email template and make any changes if necessary.
- Click the Send to Client button.
This will send the email template, as well as a PDF copy of the Invoice. The PDF that is sent is the same PDF that is generated when you click Generate PDF in the Workbench Menu.
Modifying the "Send Invoice to Client" Email Template
Currently, this can only be done in Flex4. See the Flex4: Sending an Invoice to a Client page.