- Creating a Password Policy
- Entering Password Policy Details
- Enabling a Password Policy
- Deleting a Password Policy
Password policies are a set of rules that determine the types of passwords that users can use in your Flex system.
Creating a Password Policy
- On the Main Menu, open the System Settings menu and click Password Policies (see below image).
- Click the New Password Policy icon (on the left in the bottom menu).
- Enter the password policy information (an explanation of each field can be found in the next section).
- Click OK.
Entering Password Policy Details
Once your password policy is created, you can enter the password policy details. The only required fields when entering password policy details are Name and Minimum Length. The other fields are optional, but you can complete as many of them as you want depending on how secure you want passwords to be in your Flex system.
- Name: The name of the password policy for easy reference.
- Minimum Length: The minimum length of a password in your Flex system.
- Expiration Interval: The length of time before passwords expire in your Flex system.
- Password History: The number of passwords that have to be used between password changes before you can use the same password.
- Must Be Alpha-Numeric: Determines whether or not passwords in your Flex system must use both numbers and letters.
- Must Be Mixed Case: Determines whether or not passwords in your Flex system must use both upper-case and lower-case characters.
- Cannot Contain User Name: Determines whether or not a user can use their user ID in their password.
- Exclude List: Any words, numbers, or characters entered in this space will be prohibited from being used in passwords in your Flex system.
Enabling a Password Policy
- On the Main Menu, open the System Settings menu and click Password Policies.
- On the Password Policies page you will see a list of created password policies.
- Find the policy you want to enable and check the box on the far right of that line.
- Once the box is checked, the policy is enabled.
- To disable a password policy, uncheck the box.
Deleting a Password Policy
- On the Main Menu, open the System Settings menu and click Password Policies
- Find the policy you want to delete and check the box on the far left side of the line.
- Click the Delete Selected Lines icon (on the left in the bottom menu).
- Click Yes on the Delete Confirmation popup.