- Adding Labor to a Crew Call
- Assigning Contacts to a Labor Role
- Line Item Menu Options
- Workbench Menu Options
- Sending a Crew Call to a Contact
Adding Labor to a Crew Call
A Crew Call can have labor and contacts added to it in two different ways, adding them directly onto the Crew Call or by assigning a contact to a labor role on a Quote.
To add a labor role or contact to a Crew Call, click and drag the labor role or contact from either in the left-hand Resource Browser.Contacts or Services
If you add a labor role to the Crew Call, you can click the Options Menu on the line of that labor role to use the Staffing Assistant and assign a contact to that role. If you add a contact to the Crew Call, you can click the Labor Role field and assign a labor role from the drop-down menu.
Assigning Contacts to a Labor Role
As previously stated, you can assign a contact to a labor role both on a Crew Call and on a Quote. If you assign a contact to a labor role on a Quote (using the Staffing Assistant), then the contact and labor role information will automatically populate on a child Crew Call.
To assign a contact to a labor role (whether on a Crew Call or a Quote), click the Options Menu on the line item for the labor role and click Staffing Assistant. Choose a contact that you want to assign by checking the box next to their name, then click OK.
For more information, see the Staffing Assistant page.
We also recommend viewing the Skills and Qualifications page to see how assigning skills and qualifications to a contact can help you decide who is the best fit to assign to a labor role.
Line Item Menu Options
Each staffed line item on the Crew Call has an Options Menu with some helpful tools. Click on the options menu to see the following options:
- Open - Open the contact entry for the contact assigned (if applicable).
- Clear - Clear any contact that is assigned to the line.
- Link Manager - Not yet implemented.
- Staffing Assistant - Open the staffing assistant to assign a contact to the labor role.
- Copy Line - Copy the line item.
- Delete Line - Delete the line.
Workbench Menu Options
At the top of the right-hand Workbench Menu, you will see the Element Tree icon. The element tree will show you all the parent and child elements that are associated with the Crew Call. For example, a parent Quote, a child Labor PO, etc.
You can double click on any of the parent or child elements to open them.
Under the element tree, you will find the Crew Call Modify options. The Crew Call modify options include the following:
- Edit Header – Will open the edit window that was opened when you created the Crew Call.
- Copy Selected Lines - Will allow you to copy lines from within the Crew Call.
- Paste Selected Lines - Will allow you to paste copied lines to the Crew Call.
- Delete Selected Lines – Will allow you to delete multiple selected lines.
- Bulk Edit - Will allow you to edit multiple line items at once.
- Copy Crew Call - Will allow you to copy the entire Crew Call.
- Move Crew Call - Will allow you to move the entire Crew Call to a new parent element.
- Delete This Crew Call - Will allow you to delete the entire Crew Call.
The Reports menu allows you to print a PDF copy of the Crew Call. By default, there are two report options: Crew List Time Card and Print Crew List.
The Workflow menu shows all the workflow options that are associated with the current status of the Crew Call. When you change statuses, the workflow actions change as well.
The Add Child Elements menu allows you to quickly add new child elements to the Crew Call, like a document or a Labor PO.
Sending a Crew Call to a Contact
After the Crew Call has been created, you can select the Send Email icon in the top-right corner to send an email to any contact(s) that you select. The email uses a template that sends general information about the Crew Call, including job name, location, times, etc.