- Searching for Purchase POs That Need to Be Received
- Receiving Line Items on a Purchase PO
- Finalizing a Purchase PO After Receiving
- Printing a Purchase PO Intake Manifest
The items on a Purchase PO can be received directly into your Flex system. For this to work, an inventory model for the items must already be created. This is why we recommend creating an inventory model to put on a Purchase PO, even if you don't actually own the item yet, instead of adding a miscellaneous line.
Searching for Purchase POs That Need to Be Received
- In the Main Menu, click the Warehouse menu, and then select Receiving.
- Find the Purchase PO that you want to receive.
By default, the Receiving screen will list any PO that has an "Order By" date within the next 7 days, and has at least one line item that is using an "incoming" resource type (Rental Backorder, Retail Backorder, Subrental, etc.). But you can also use the search to search for any PO from the past or more than seven days into the future.
Receiving Line Items on a Purchase PO
- On the Warehouse menu, select Receiving.
- Find the Purchase PO that you want to receive. You might have to use the search bar.
- Double-click the Purchase PO that you want to receive.
- Complete the receive process as detailed below.
The Purchase PO receiving screen will show any Purchase PO with a line item that has an incoming resource type (Rental Backorder, Retail Backorder, Subrental, etc.).
To receive a line item, double-click the item name. The left-hand side of the screen will show the receiving information. You can also use the"Scan selected lines IN" option to receive the full quantity for multiple lines at once.
For serialized items, you can enter a serial number, stencil, or RFID Tag for the unit you are receiving. If applicable, the following fields will inherit from either the inventory model or PO but can be overridden.
- Barcode field: If nothing is entered, this will automatically assign a barcode based on the numbering scheme for the resource type it is being received as. For sub rentals, the default numbering scheme is a 5 digit barcode with SUB as a prefix.
- Model Number field: Inheritted from the inventory model's item/part number.
- Location: This will default based on the scanning location that is selected.
- Resource Type: This will default based on the resource type from the line item on the PO.
- Purchase Order field: Inheritted from the PO.
- Purchase Date field: This will default based on the day you are receiving the unit.
- Depreciation Period field: Inheritted from the inventory model.
- Salvage Value field: Inheritted from the inventory model.
- Purchase Cost field: This will default based on the cost of the line item on the PO.
For non-serialized items, you will enter the quantity that you are receiving. The barcode can not be changed since it will automatically use the existing model barcode for the item you are receiving.
For both serialized items and non-serialized items, you can then either select the PRINT BARCODE checkbox, which will launch the Print Barcode dialog popup, or move on to the next item to receive. Once you have entered all applicable information, click ADD.
Keep in mind, you can only receive the requested amount. If additional items need to be received, you will need to update the Purchase PO and refresh the receiving screen.
Finalizing a Purchase PO After Receiving
Once all line items have been received and the progress bar reaches 100%, you will receive the Finalize popup. If nothing else is expected to be received, click FINALIZE. You can also select the Lock icon located in the top-right corner.
This is an important step because there are settings that will cause the Purchase PO to change its status when you click FINALIZE. By default, when you click FINALIZE after receiving, the Purchase PO will change to the PO - Received status.
Printing a Purchase PO Intake Manifest
When you receive items from a Purchase PO, a Purchase PO Intake Manifest is created (the manifest will list any item that was received). After clicking Finalize in the Receiving screen, you can select the Project Tree icon in the right-hand menu and double click the Purchase PO Intake Manifest to open it.
With the Purchase PO Intake Manifest open, you can click Generate PDF in the Workbench Menu to print.