When you click the Edit Calendar Template cog-wheel next to the calendar template selector, you will see a popup with settings for that calendar.
The first tab in the calendar template settings popup is "General"
The settings on this tab are split into two categories:
- General Settings - This includes basic settings like name, default view, etc.
- List View Settings - This includes settings that are specific to the "List View" of the calendar like which columns show, the date window, etc.
The following settings are included in the "General Settings" category:
- Name - This is the name of the calendar template. You will see this name in the calendar template selector.
- Contact Association - If a contact is selected here, then only elements where the contact is included somewhere in the element header will show on the calendar. This is commonly used when a user wants to only see elements that they are the account manager for.
- Default - When set to "Yes," the calendar will be the default calendar that new users see upon their first log in to Flex.
- Personal - When set to "Yes," then only the user who set the calendar to "Yes" will be able to view the calendar.
- Default View - This determines which view will show when you select the calendar. You can choose between "List View" and "Calendar View"
- Calendar View Default - This determines the range that "Calendar View" will show when you view it. You can choose between "Day," "Week," and "Month."
Due Dates Check - This determines whether or not the Due Date of an element will be considered and show within the List View date range. This setting requires Overlapping Elements to be set to Yes to properly function.
- For example, an element with start and end dates in the past, but a due date in two weeks. With Due Dates Check and Overlapping Elements both set to Yes, that element would show in the date range in which the due date falls.
List View Settings
The following settings are included in the "List View Settings" category:
List View Caption - This is the name of the "List View" tab when you are viewing the calendar. Default is "Daybook".
- Past Day View - This determines how many days in the past should show on "List View." For example, if you enter "5," then the "List View" will show elements from up to 5 days in the past.
- List Day Window - This determines how many days in the future should show on "List View." For example, if you enter "30," then the "List View" will show elements for the next 30 days.
- Color Code Status - When set to "Yes," then the "Status" column (if used on the calendar template) will show with status colors. Status colors are set in System Settings.
- Overlapping Elements - This determines whether or not elements with a start date in the past but an end date in the future will show in list view.
Fetch By - This determines which date will be considered when fetching and sorting elements to show in list view.
- If you choose a Fetch By option and an element does not have that date set, then the element will not show. For example, if you choose Fetch By = Load In Date, then only elements with a Load In Date set will show in list view.