- Generating a PDF Report
- Using the "Send to Vendor" Option
- Modifying the "Send to Vendor" Email Template
There are several ways to send a Purchase PO to a vendor. Flex has an embedded "Send to Vendor" feature from the Purchase PO, which will send an email with a PDF copy of the Purchase PO attached. Additionally, you can directly export a PDF, Word, or Excel copy of a Purchase PO to your computer to print or email to the vendor.
Generating a PDF Report
- Open the Purchase PO for which you want to generate a PDF.
- Find the Reports section in the Workbench Menu.
- Click Generate PDF.
- Choose the options for that report (typically Report Format, Paper Size, and Page Orientation).
- Click Generate Report.
The PDF will be saved to your computer.
Using the "Send to Vendor" Option
- Open the Purchase PO that you want to send.
- Click the Send to Vendor icon in the top right of the PO header.
- Review the email template and make any changes if necessary.
- Click Send to Vendor.
This will send the email template, as well as a PDF copy of the Purchase PO. The PDF that is sent is the same PDF that is generated when you click Generate PDF in the Workbench Menu.
Modifying the "Send to Vendor" Email Template
- On the Projects menu, click E-Mail Templates.
- Double-click the "Email PDF to Vendor Template" Template.
- Make edits to the template.
- Click OK.