- Definition Class Types
- General Settings Tab
- Field Settings Tab
- Numbering Tab
- Status Options Tab
- Child Elements Tab
- Reports Tab
- Coming Soon
The Element Definitions page is used for managing elements within your system. It is accessed by selecting the Main Menu, choosing theProjects menu, and clicking Element Definitions.
By default, your system will include pre-configured definitions that fit a wide range of needs, but you can add as many as you'd like. For example, if you have multiple locations within your business, you may wish to create a financial document like a Quote for each location. This allows you to customize element settings to accommodate business needs that may differ from location to location.
Element definition settings differ between definition class types, but there are some common settings that are available for all types. By customizing the settings within, the element definition can be set up to meet the needs of a wide variety of business uses.
Definition Class Types
There are currently seven classes of element definitions that can be used to create an element:
- Contact List
- This is used to assign labor roles or contacts to dates, locations, or times; like in a Crew Call.
- Equipment List
- This is used to assign equipment to dates, locations, or times; like in a Pull Sheet.
- Expense Worksheet
- This is used to track expenses related to a job.
- Financial Document
- This is used to assign price and cost values to equipment and services for specific dates, locations, or times; like in a Quote.
- File List
- This is used for uploading documents or linking URLs.
- Standard Project Element
- This is used to organize your element definitions; like in an Event Folder.
- Task Element
- This is used to assign tasks to system users, which will show up on the user's To-Do List.
General Settings Tab
The General Settings tab is used for managing higher-level settings of an element definition. For example, the Name of the element, move/copy enabled, selecting the workflow, etc.
Field Settings Tab
The Field Settings tab will allow you to enable certain fields within the element definition. You can also set these fields to inherit or allow them to be overridden.
The Numbering tab is used for determining the numbering behavior of the element definition and where you will set the numbering scheme. When selecting a sequential by year numbering scheme, the following fields will be present:
- Sequential By Year Start Sequence: This is the value that will be used when starting a new year. By default, this is value is "0".
- Sequential By Year Sequence: Depending on the selected numbering scheme, you will see a button named "Edit Sequences" or "Edit Common Pool Sequences". When selecting either option, you will receive a popup and will be able to edit the sequence for each year listed. Keep in mind, you will only be able to edit sequences for a year after at least one element has been created for that year. All changes are saved after clicking out of the sequence field or selecting the Enter/Tab key. You can not go backwards in sequence. Changes here are permanent and cannot be undone.
- If you type a number in the sequence field by mistake, before clicking out or pressing the Enter/Tab key, you can select the esc key to revert the changes.
Status Options Tab
On the Status Options tab, you can adjust settings that affect how Status Options can be applied to the element, as well as which Status Options are permitted for the element. A permitted status will determine what statuses are visible in Calendar Settings > Element Types, Element Definitions > Search Options, and Element Definition > Reports Tab > Definition Level Reports. Settings made here will control how elements are displayed, categorized, and reported.
Child Elements Tab
The Child Elements tab will determine which elements can be added as a child element. Once enabled, you will be able to see those options within Add Child Elements on the workbench menu of the element. For example, you might add a "Task" to a Quote element so you can create tasks that relate to the Quote, or you may add a "Credit Memo" to an Invoice.
The Reports tab can be used to manage reports related to the element. This is where you can build a "report stack" (Default Print Format Report) that is linked to the Generate PDF option within Reports on the workbench menu of the element.
To customize the Default Print Format Report:
- Click the Add New Reports icon.
- Select a Report, Corporate Identity, and Location.
- The Sub-Report field will only be used when selecting a Sub-report Aggregation report.
The Default Element Level Report setting is specifically used for Aggregation reports and will determine which report is selected by default.
The Element Level Reports will determine which reports populate within Reports on the workbench menu of the element. The Definition Level Reports will determine which reports populate within the Reports menu, located on the Main Menu. You may also select which status(es) will be included when the Definition Level Reports are generated. For example, you may only want to enable "Confirmed" Quotes in certain reports to ensure that "Canceled" or "Inquiry" Quotes are not included. Keep in mind that when no status is enabled, all statuses will be included in the generated report.
These tabs are currently in development and will be coming to your Flex system soon! Please note that which tabs appear will depend on the "Definition Class" of the element selected.
- Contact Associations
- Dates & Times
- Custom Fields
- Search Options
- Allowed Resource Types
- Pricing Models
- Accounting Options
- Document Header
- Copy Targets
- Custom Rows
- Shipping & Receiving
- Equipment List Options
- Contact List Options
- Document Views
- View Options
- Expense Worksheet Options
- Task Options
- File List Options