- Using Workflow Actions to Change the Status of an Event Folder
- Manually Changing the Status of an Event Folder
- Status Option Definitions
Each Event Folder has a status applied to it. Since you don't put inventory into an Event Folder (the inventory typically goes on Quotes, Pull Sheets, and other elements), the status of an Event Folder is for reference purposes only and does not create conflicts for inventory.
Using Workflow Actions to Change the Status of an Event Folder
- Open the Event Folder for which want to change the status.
- Find the Workflow section in the Workbench Menu (right-hand menu).
- Click any available workflow action to change the status.
Because the Event Folder workflow can be modified, the options you see in the Workflow section of the menu might be different than the default options. By default, an Event Folder in the Tentative status will show the following options:
- Confirm Event
- Cancel Event
As you set an Event Folder to a new status, new workflow actions will be made available that are applicable to that status.
These workflow actions, statuses, and workflow jobs (email templates, element generators, etc.) can be modified. Learn how on the Flex5: Workflow page.
Manually Changing the Status of an Event Folder
You can bypass using workflow actions to change the status of an Event Folder by manually changing the status.
To enable manual status changes, you will have to change the Event Folder element settings.
- On the Projects menu, click Element Definitions.
- Double-click Event Folder.
- Click the Status Options tab.
- Change the Status Edit Mode option to Manual Changes Permitted.
With the setting changed to Manual Changes Permitted, you can click Edit Header from an Event Folder and manually change the Status field using the drop-down menu.
While there is nothing inherently wrong with enabling manual status changes, it often leads to problems with accountability (since anybody can change to any status they want), and eliminates workflow jobs (like sending email templates, automatically creating child elements, etc.).
Status Option Definitions
When an Event Folder is set to a status, the Event Folder will inherit the attributes of that status. Status options can be found on the System Settings menu. The attributes associated with a status option include the following:
- Name: The name of the status (Inquiry, Tentative, Confirmed, Prepped, etc.).
- Creates Conflicts: Determines whether or not an element in this status creates conflicts (explanation of creates conflicts can be found in the Overview).
- Closed Status: Determines whether or not an element in this status will be closed, which means the element cannot be edited, and will not show up in searches unless "show closed" settings are applied.
- Locked Status: Determines whether or not an element in this status is locked, which means the element cannot be edited. The element will still show up in searches, and is not considered closed.
- Locks Availability: Determines whether or not an element in this status will control availability. For example: A Pull Sheet (as a child to a Quote) might be in a status that locks availability, and it will control availabilty as opposed to the Quote.
- Probability: A percentage value representing the likelihood that a job will happen when it is in this status.
- Background Color: Determines the default background color that will be used when an element enters this status.
- Text Color: Determines the default text color that will be used when an element enters this status.