- Creating a New Invoice
- Editing Invoice Details
- Adding Child Elements to an Invoice
- Deleting an Invoice
- Undeleting an Invoice
An Invoice is typically created from a Quote and can be sent to the client when payment is expected. An Invoice can also be created as a standalone element. Just like a Quote (and other elements in Flex), you can add inventory to an Invoice, change pricing models, and calculate a total price of a job. Additionally, an Invoice can be pushed directly to QuickBooks if you have QuickBooks integration enabled as part of your Flex subscription. See Accounting Integration Setup for more information.
Creating a New Invoice
Typically, an Invoice will be created from a Quote:
- Open the Quote for which you want to create an Invoice.
- Click Flag as Ready to Invoice in the Workbench Menu. This will change the Quote status to "Ready to Invoice"
- Click Generate Invoice in the Workbench Menu.
When you generate an Invoice from a Quote, the Invoice will appear as a child in the project tree of the Quote.
You can also create a standalone Invoice that isn't related to a Quote or any other project tree.
- On the New menu, click Invoice.
- Enter the new Invoice information.
- Click OK.
Editing Invoice Details
- Open the Invoice that you want to edit.
- In the Workbench Menu, click Edit Header.
- Edit the Invoice information.
- Click OK.
Adding Child Elements to an Invoice
- Open the Invoice that you want to add a child element to.
- In the Workbench Menu, find the Add Child Elements section (near the bottom of the menu options list).
- Click the element name that you want to add.
- Enter the new element details.
- Click OK.
Deleting an Invoice
- Open the Invoice that you want to delete.
- In the Workbench Menu, click Delete Invoice.
- Click the I Agree box to verify that you want to delete the Invoice.
- Click DELETE.
Undeleting an Invoice
When you delete an Invoice, it will "soft delete" it from your system. This means that you won't be able to see the Invoice on your calendar, Invoice list pages, or when searching for Invoices (unless "Include Deleted" is selected within the Search menu.) The Invoice will remain in your Flex database, and can be undeleted at any time.
- On the Main Menu, select the Projects menu, and choose Invoices.
- In the footer, check the "Show Deleted Only" option.
- Find the Invoice(s) that you want to undelete. You might have to search or filter the results.
- Click the box next to the Invoice(s) that you want to undelete.
- In the footer, click the Undelete Selected icon and confirm.