The Flex5 app is a completely new product. We decided to roll out the app in phases, with each phase introducing more features.
The first version of the Flex5 app includes inventory features, warehouse functionality, and minimal contact management. Future versions will expand upon each of those areas, as well as introduce more features like quoting, tasks, and more.
Current Features in the Flex5 App
The Flex5 app currently includes the following functionality / features:
- Creating / editing inventory models and serial units
- Logging maintenance on inventory
- Viewing inventory schedules and scan logs
- Creating / editing contacts (although this is limited to just basic contact information)
- Inquiry scan
- Prepping a Pull Sheet
- Free Scan Out
- Returning a Manifest
- Free Scan In
- Dashboard Widgets (currently available Widgets are outlined in the Dashboard Widgets Overview page)
- Free Pick Container mode when scanning out
- Content Builder mode
- Signature capture for Manifests
Additional scanning functionality includes using a bluetooth barcode scanner, using the device camera to scan, virtual scanning, and undoing scans.
Upcoming Features for the Flex5 App
Features that are on our roadmap:
- Quote viewing / editing
- Additional view modes for Pull Sheets and Manifests
- More Dashboard Widgets (like a recent items Widget, To-Do List Widget, and more)
- The ability to customize your Dashboard, including adding or removing Widgets from a Dashboard page, and adding more Dashboard pages.
- Warehouse receiving (POs, Subrentals, etc)
- Barcode printing from the app
New features that we are researching for future development:
- Required maintenance (telling Flex when maintenance is required on inventory, and receiving warnings when maintenance is overdue)
- Bulk / Mass undo scanning
- Virtually prep and return Misc items.
While we don't plan on making ALL features available in the Flex5 app (like deep system settings), we are planning on rolling out as many useful features as we can for the app over the next year.