If you have existing inventory and contact records in another rental management system, then we can most likely export those records and import them into Flex. Additionally, we can provide you with inventory and contact import spreadsheets that you can fill out and have them imported directly into Flex.
For new customers, the initial inventory import is free. There is a small fee associated with any additional inventory import and the contact import services.
Download the Inventory Import Template
Download the Contacts Import Template
When you have completed the templates you can submit them to Support@FlexRentalSolutions.com. A Support Technician will check it for accuracy and import the file once it clears the checking process.
Enter as much information as you can when completing the Inventory and Contact Import Sheets. After completion, send your files to Support@FlexRentalSolutions.com and a Flex representative will review the import sheet and send it back to you if changes need to be made. Once the representative initiates the import it only takes a matter of minutes for it to complete - if it has been properly filled out.
Terms You Should Know
- Non Serialized Item - An inventory item that does not require each unit to have a unique barcode. When scanning a non serialized item in or out of your Flex system, you will be prompted to enter a quantity. Many Flex customers make their cables and other small items non serialized.
- Serialized Item - An inventory item that has multiple barcodes associated with it. For example, you might have ten of the same model of audio mixers in your inventory, and each of those mixers would have their own unique barcode.
- Expendable Item - Items that you don’t expect to return into your inventory.
- Container - A setting that can be applied to an inventory item that turns the item into a container for other inventory items. For example, you could set an amp rack case as a container in your Flex system and scan each individual amplifier into the amp rack. When you scan a container barcode, all of the contents that have been scanned into the container will also be scanned (during the scan in and scan out process).
- Free Pick Container - A setting that can be applied to an inventory item that turns the item into a container during the prep/scan-out process. For example, a shipping case can be set as a free pick container in your flex system and will allow you to scan other inventory items into the container while you are prepping an order. When you scan the case on the prep screen, it will open the container.
- Virtual Item - A non physical inventory item. Virtual items can be placed on a Quote to represent an item or package that doesn’t physically exist. For example, you can create a virtual item called “Linear Foot of Pipe and Drape” which contains suggestions for the physical inventory items that make up a linear foot of pipe and drape (bases, uprights, crossbars, drape, etc.).