- Resolving a Shortage on a Line Item
- Using the Resolve Shortages Page
- Running Reports That Show Shortages
When you put an item on a Quote or Pullsheet, you can see the availability of that item with a green box if there are no availability conflicts, or a red box if there are conflicts. Additionally, there is a number that shows how many more of that item you have available. This number will be negative if there is an availability conflict, showing how many you are short.
Resolving a Shortage on a Line Item
- When a line item has a shortage, click the line's Options menu (located beside the availability box) and select Conflicts. The Conflicts and Availability window will appear.
- Double-click one of the conflict resolution methods (listed below).
Purchase: This section will show the predetermined purchase suppliers for this item (see the Subrental and Purchase Suppliers page for more information. Double-click the vendor name to create a Purchase PO or select "Create New Purchase PO" to choose a different vendor.
Subrent: This section will show the predetermined sub rental suppliers for this item (see the Subrental and Purchase Suppliers page for more information). Double-click the vendor name to create a Rental PO or select "Create New Rental PO" to choose a different vendor.
Substitute: This section will show the predetermined items that are eligible to be substituted for the item with a conflict (see the Alternatives and Substitutions page for more information). Double-click the item name to apply the substitution or select "Choose Inventory to Substitute" to choose a different item.
Transfer: If you have multiple warehouses, this option will show each warehouse and the availability of the item in each warehouse. If available is insufficient in other warehouses, this option will not show.
Using the Resolve Shortages Page
- On the Inventory menu, click Resolve Shortages.
- Enter a date range in the From and To fields. A list of all items on any Quote or Pullsheet between that date range will appear.
- Double-click a line item to open the Conflicts and Availability window for that item.
Running Reports That Show Shortages
- Shortage Report: This report will show the item that has a conflict, the Element name and ship date, and the amount that is short.
- Shortage Report by Group: This report shows the same information as the Shortage Report, but is organized by inventory group.
- Inventory Requirements Report: This report shows items that appear on any Quote in your system (between a selected date range), the quantity required, and whether or not there is a conflict for that item.
- Inventory Requirements Matrix Report: This report shows the same information as the Inventory Requirements Reports, but displays it differently.