- Scanning Out From a Transfer Order
- Undoing a Scan
- Substituting a Line
- Finalizing a Transfer Order Prep
With a Transfer Order created, you can now scan equipment out of your available inventory. The equipment that you scan will have a current location of the Transfer Order name to which it was scanned out. The current location will remain as the Transfer Order name until it is received at the destination warehouse. (See Receiving a Transfer Order)
Scanning Out From a Transfer Order
- Open the Transfer Order that you want to scan.
- Click Go to Prep Screen in the Warehouse section in the right-hand Workbench Menu.
There are several method for scanning equipment out:
- Use a Barcode Scanner – For serialized items, you will scan the unique barcode found on each serialized unit of the model. For non-serialized items, you will scan the model barcode, then enter the quantity that you want to scan. See Serialized vs. Non-Serialized for more information.
- Manually Enter Barcodes – You can manually enter a barcode into the barcode input box (to the right of the main menu in Flex). Like using a barcode scanner, you will manually enter unique barcodes for serialized units, and the model barcode for non-serialized items.
- Virtual Scan – To virtually scan an item, double-click on the line item in the prep screen. If you virtually scan a serialized item, a window will appear asking you to select a specific serialized unit to send. If you virtually scan a non-serialized item, the quantity prompt will appear asking you to enter the quantity that you want to scan.
By default, performing a virtual scan will cause a prompt to appear, asking you to verify the virtual scan. If you want to turn this prompt off, click Prompt Preferences in the footer of the prep screen, then uncheck the Virtual Scan Confirmation. Click Save to save changes.
Undoing a Scan
If you need to undo a scan, click the Undo Last Scan button in the Last Scan tab. If you need to delete multiple scans, or a scan that you did earlier in the prep process, you can use the Related Scan Records screen. To access this screen, click the Options Menu on the line item for which you need to delete a scan, then click Related Scan Records.
Find the barcode(s) that you want to undo, then click the check box on the left side of the row to select it. Click Undo Selected Scans. The selected items will go back to unscanned.
Substituting a Line
You can substitute equipment during the prep process. For example, if you don’t have enough 25 foot cables to fill the order, you can substitute them for 50 foot cables. Click the three dot menu on the line item for the 25 foot cables and click Substitute Line.
A red prompt will tell you that the next item you scan will substitute for the original item (you can press escape on your keyboard to cancel the substitution scan). Now, if you scan a 50 foot cable, the scanned quantity for the 25 foot cable will increase, but the 50 foot cable will be placed on the Manifest.
Doing this will allow you to fulfill the quantity for the item that you don’t have enough of, but still have a scan record for the item you used to substitute.
Finalizing a Transfer Order Prep
As you have been scanning, you might have noticed that a green check mark appears next to any line item that has the quantity completely fulfilled. You will also see a green check mark next to any subtotal that has been completely fulfilled.
As soon as all quantities have been fulfilled (the progress bar at the top of the screen will say 100%), you will see a prompt asking if you want to finalize the prep for the Transfer Order. If you are ready to finalize, click Finalize. The inventory is now ready to be shipped.