- Creating a New Crew Call
- Editing Crew Call Details
- Adding Child Elements to a Crew Call
- Deleting a Crew Call
The Crew Call is a staffing element in Flex that allows you to assign staff to different labor roles. When somebody appears on a Crew Call, they will show as unavailable during the call time listed on the Crew Call.
You can either create a Crew Call as a standalone element, or as an auto-generated child element to a Quote when you use the Staffing Assistant to assign staff to labor roles on a Quote.
Creating a New Crew Call
There are two ways to create a Crew Call. First, you can create a Crew Call when you are assigning staff to labor roles on a Quote.
- Open the Quote for which you are assigning staff to labor roles.
- Click the Options Menu next to the labor role to which you are assigning staff, then click Staffing Assistant.
- Choose a contact to assign to the labor role. Select the check the box next to their name then click OK.
- Check the box next to the contact that you want to assign, then click OK
After assigning a contact to the labor role, a Crew Call will automatically be created as a child to the Quote. You can find the Crew Call in the project tree of the Quote, then double-click the Crew Call name to open it. The Crew Call will include the name of the contact that you assigned, the labor role, call times, and more.
You can also create a Crew Call as a standalone element.
- On the New Element menu in the upper right corner, select Crew Call.
- Enter the new Crew Call information.
- Click OK.
A Crew Call created this way is not associated with any Quote. You can add any labor role or contact to the Crew Call, and assign contacts to labor roles just like you did from a Quote (see below).
Editing Crew Call Details
- Open the Crew Call that you want to edit.
- In the right hand Workbench Menu, click the Modify icon and select Edit Header.
- Edit the Crew Call information.
- Click OK.
In addition, you can use the Move Crew Call option to link the Crew Call to a quote or other element.
Adding Child Elements to a Crew Call
- Open the Crew Call to which you want to add a child element.
- In the right hand Workbench Menu, select the Add Child Elements icon.
- Click the element name that you want to add.
- Enter the new element details.
- Click OK.
Deleting a Crew Call
- Open the Crew Call that you want to delete.
- In the right hand Workbench Menu, select Delete This Crew Call.
- Check the I Agree box to verify that you want to delete the Crew Call.
- Click Delete.