- Using the Workflow to Export to QuickBooks Online
- Enabling the Confirmation Popup in Flex
- Exporting Custom Purchase Order Elements to QuickBooks Online
Purchase Orders are sent from Flex to QuickBooks Online using the element workflow. If your Flex account has QuickBooks Online integration enabled, then the workflow for your Purchase Order elements (Purchase PO, Rental PO, Labor PO, etc.) will be set to allow exporting to QuickBooks Online.
Using the Workflow to Export to QuickBooks Online
- Open the Purchase Order element that you want to export to QuickBooks Online
- In the right-hand menu, click the Workflow section
- Click Export to QuickBooks
This process simply creates a Purchase Order in QuickBooks Online with relevant pricing and line item information. You will still have to create a Bill from the Purchase Order within QuickBooks Online for proper account routing.
As mentioned above, because Flex is highly customizable, the workflow action to export to QuickBooks Online might be named something different in your system. If you don't see a workflow option to export to QuickBooks, speak to your system administrator.
The default workflow for Purchase Orders requires the PO to be submitted for approval and approved before the "Export to QuickBooks" workflow action is available.
Enabling the Confirmation Popup in Flex
If you do not see a confirmation popup after exporting a PO to QuickBooks Online, then you'll have to enable the confirmation popup in the workflow action you use to export.
- On the Projects menu, click Workflow.
- Double-click the applicable workflow (by default, the applicable workflow for exporting POs is called "PO Workflow with QuickBooks")
- Click the workflow action that you use to export to QuickBooks Online (by default, the workflow action is called "Export to QuickBooks")
- With the workflow action settings open, change the Confirm Screen Enabled option to Yes
- Click UPDATE
Exporting Custom Purchase Order Elements to QuickBooks Online
Flex is set up by default to export Purchase PO, Rental PO, and Labor PO elements to QuickBooks Online. If you want to export other element types to QuickBooks Online (like a custom Purchase Order element you created), you can set that up in QuickBooks Online Integration Settings.
- On the main menu, click Integrations
- Click QuickBooks Online
- Click the Element Map tab
- Find the name of the element that you want to export to QuickBooks online
- Set the QuickBooks Online Type to "Purchase Order"
You will also have to ensure that you are using a workflow for the element that allows for exporting to QuickBooks Online. If you are using the default "PO Workflow with QuickBooks" workflow then it is already set up. If you created a new workflow for the custom element, then you'll have to set up the "Export to QuickBooks" workflow action.
The Workflow article is a good place to start if you are unfamiliar with workflow states, actions, and jobs.
You can also contact Flex Support for additional help.